It is a city in Georgia and is the 8th most populous city in the U.S. It has lots of museums. It has a population of around 56,879. It is located in the centre of the country and has lots of places to visit like AB Cinema and Adams library.
Place to go:
- Yvonne Marie's Antique Mall: There is music from the 30s & 50s playing to take you back to when these treasures were new. Now granted, not everything is old as sellers’ stock their booths,
- AB Cinema: The seats are very comfortable and the prices are more than reasonable. The theatre is only open on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays.
- Adams Public Library: This library has something for every age and interest. Art, digital media, and of course, books. Very helpful staff.
- Cross Creek Golf Club: it is challenging and some holes are so difficult that it is like putt golf with too many obstacles. Great people and economical.
- The Double Eagle Clubhouse Grille: the atmosphere is terrible as the smoke filled the restaurant. Great food and reasonable prices for food
- River greenway Trail: Park with playground equipment and Restroom facilities. Jogging or biking path along the scenic St Mary's River, though the St. Mary's Nature Preserve, and surrounding community.
- Villa Lanes: it is a bowling area you can enjoy many other indoor games and a video game parlour.
Place to stay:
- Holiday Inn Express Atlanta: decent water pressure, lots of plugs near bed, microwave and refrigerator and Keurig in room.
- Quality Inn & Suites Decatur: good view from the room and comfortable bed. food is awesome and many restaurants are nearby it.
- Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory: parking facility, club is in the basement floor and bar or lounge also available.
- Motel 6 Decatur: The Front Staff Is Very Helpful. Great house keeping service gym and fitness place is also available.
- Econo Lodge: This hotel is in close proximity to the airport and offer a good rate. The room is neat and clean and comfy.