Decatur is situated northeast of Atlanta in Georgia. Decatur is known for its art and festival scene. Eddie’s Attic hosts live music here almost every night. It is also known for its festivals like the Decatur BBQ, Summer in the City, and the Decatur wine festival and beer festival.
Place to go:
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History: It is a three story Museum of Natural sciences. The main attraction here is the skeleton of Argentinosaurus dinosaur.
- Fernbank forest: It is an old forest and is best for Hiking and educational purpose.
- Michael C. Carlos Museum: This museum specializes in ancient art works.
- East Lake Atlanta: East lake golf club is here.
- Woodland Garden: Spread in an area of seven acres this is a beautiful wildlife sanctuary with walking trails.
- Olmsted Linear Park: It is a park in Druid Hills and is the best place for walkers and joggers.
- Dekalb History Center Museum: This museum treasures the local history of this city in a former courthouse.
- The old courthouse on the square
- Scott Park: It is spread over an area of 4 acres and has beautiful gardens all around.
Place to stay:
- Holiday Inn Express Atlanta: This hotel offers complimentary breakfast, free Wi Fi, an indoor pool and a fine dining area.
- Quality Inn & Suites Decatur: good view from the rooms and comfortable bed. The food here is awesome and many restaurants are nearby.
- Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory: It has free parking facility, club is in the basement and bar or lounge is also available.
- Motel 6 Decatur: The Front Staff Is Very Helpful. Great housekeeping, gym and fitness place is also available.
- Econo Lodge: This hotel is in close proximity to the airport and offers a good rate. The room is neat and clean and comfortable.